EPiServer - update 83
New CMS features that let you use UTC to store dates, and override the database schema settings for Azure environments. For Commerce, this is a breaking change release where dependencies on Workflow Foundation and Log4Net were removed, and where more discount editing features were added (beta).
The update applies to EPiServer projects version 7.5 and higher, and contains finalized work items included in the latest iteration. You can install the update from the EPiServer NuGet feed. Continuous release updates are cumulative to include previous updates. EPiServer supports all platform updates and strongly recommends that you keep ongoing projects up-to-date.
Click a package in the list below to see work item details. See Release notes for the latest changes. See Installing EPiServer updates to install EPiServer updates. See New features in EPiServer for new functionality for end users and developers.
Updated main packages
EPiServer CMS Core
#CMS-1049: CMS should support storing timezone independent of date and time
By default, EPiServer CMS uses the local time zone for storing date and time in the database. It is possible to switch to use UTC time as default in the database. See Storing UTC date and time in the database.
#CMS-1480: Azure: Make it possible to override updateDatabaseSchema in appSettings
In Azure, you can override <episerver.framework updateDatabaseSchema="x"> from an app setting using episerver:UpdateDatabaseSchema with value true.
- EPiServer.Commerce 9.0.0
- EPiServer.Commerce.Core 9.0.0
This release contains breaking changes fo Commerce, see Breaking changes and Commerce 9 - upgrading and migration for upgrading details.
#124630: Catalog content versioning in ECF sub-system
To improve performance, catalog content versioning was moved to the ECF subsystem.
#127008: Remove dependencies on Workflow Foundation
This change eliminates from workflow activities dependencies on Workflow Foundation. See EPiServer Commerce 9 tools and code samples and Workflows and activities for details.
#127006: Remove Mediachase.Cms from EPiServer Commerce
This change removes dependencies on Mediachase.Cms from Commerce.
#127005: Remove final dependencies on Log4Net from Commerce
This change removes the dependencies on Log4Net, to align with rest of the EPiServer platform, see Logging.
#127173: [BETA] Form View For Discount
Continued development of campaigns and discounts - new forms view for editing discounts, see Marketing.
New releases with fixes and verification for CMS 9 compatibility for the add-ons listed below.
- EPiServer Languages - EPiServer.Labs.LanguageManager.188.8.131.5200
- EPiServer Social Reach - EPiServer.Social.184.108.40.20600
- Google Analytics for EPiServer - EPiServer.GoogleAnalytics.220.127.116.1100 and EPiServer.GoogleAnalytics.Commerce.18.104.22.16800
- EPiServer Marketing Automation connectors:
- Eloqua - EPiServer.MarketingAutomationIntegration.Eloqua.22.214.171.12400
- ExactTarget - EPiServer.MarketingAutomationIntegration.ExactTarget.126.96.36.19900
- HubSpot - EPiServer.MarketingAutomationIntegration.HubSpot.188.8.131.5200
- Marketo - EPiServer.MarketingAutomationIntegration.Marketo.184.108.40.20600
- MS Dynamics CRM - EPiServer.MarketingAutomationIntegration.MSDynamics.220.127.116.1100
- Pardot - EPiServer.MarketingAutomationIntegration.Pardot.18.104.22.16800
- Salesforce - EPiServer.MarketingAutomationIntegration.Salesforce.22.214.171.12400
- Silverpop - EPiServer.MarketingAutomationIntegration.Silverpop.126.96.36.19900
Issues with NuGet updates
In some specific upgrading scenarios you might experience issues with the dependency chains, due to issues in NuGet. This mostly affects Commerce and Find, but also might occur when updating CMS. The workaround is usually to update the packages one-by-one. The issue was fixed in NuGet 188.8.131.52 but requires Visual Studio 2015, see Issues with NuGet package updates.
- Update 83 included breaking changes for Commerce; see Breaking changes Commerce 9.
- Update 81 included breaking changes for CMS and Find; see Breaking changes CMS 9 and Breaking changes Find 10.
- From update 66, EPiServer Commerce only features that are Azure Database compliant are available by default; non-compliant features have to be manually configured.
- Update 55 included breaking changes for Breaking changes CMS 8 and Breaking changes Find 9.
- From update 40, workflows are disabled by default to simplify Azure deployment. See Activating workflows for information about enabling them.
- Update 36 included breaking changes for Commerce; see Breaking changes Commerce 8.
- From update 35, .NET Framework 4.5 is required; see System requirements and Upgrading to .NET Framework 4.5.
- From update 6, EPiServer UI components (CMS and Commerce after version 7.6.0) were converted to NuGet packages. Location of packages have changed and might affect the installation if you are going from the first to the latest update; see Changes to package locations.
- Breaking changes Commerce 9.
- Installing EPiServer updates – adding the NuGet feed and installing EPiServer updates to existing solutions.
- About the EPiServer continuous release process – deployment options with the EPiServer continuous releases.
- Releasing beta features – about beta releases and how to enable them.
Last updated: Oct 13, 2015