Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Extending Episerver Link Editor With a check box.

Vote:

Hi, I'm a backend developer and trying my luck on extending the link editor with a check box. I am currently following a blog post by Jake Jones jakejon.es/ blog/ adding-a-telephone-link-option-to-the-episerver-link-editor (unfortunately I can't post a url here) which I also found here in one of the threads. My goal is quite similar to it but instead of a ValidationCheckbox, I will try to extend it using a checkbox. I was able to follow step 1 and instead of WidgetType = "scripts/PhoneValidationTextBox" I replaced it with WidgetType = "dijit/form/CheckBox". To my surprise, when I was checking the hyper link editor pop up, the check box appeared.

Now I'm kinda stuck here because when clicking the "OK" buttong of the editor pop up, it does not work. I'm afraid that I'm lacking the dojo part in which I have no idea how to implement for the checkbox at the moment. Any advise or insights would be very helpful regarding my situation so that I can be able to proceed. Thank you in advance.

Edited, Jun 04, 2020 6:23
Vote:

Hi John,

What are you trying to make the checkbox do?

Depending on your requirements customizing the link editor may not be the best/easiest approach. I was replying to something that sounds similar yesterday here: https://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/Developer-to-developer/Thread-Container/2020/6/add-field-to-linkitemcollection-/

Jun 04, 2020 12:59
Vote:

Hi, Thank you for the response! Will check the other link. As for the first question, the checkbox would be something like a Nofollow property to the created url. If the user opts to check the checkbox, the url would have a rel="nofollow" to it.

Edited, Jun 05, 2020 2:24
Vote:

I definitely recommend you check out that approach.

I don't think the approach in my blog post would work for what you're trying to achieve and, even if it did, it would require a lot of Dojo work.

Jun 05, 2020 13:32
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.