Episerver features - February 2020
This release summary includes features added in updates 292 through 305 of the Episerver platform. Updates are cumulative, so the latest update always includes previous ones.
- Episerver DXP
- Episerver Commerce
- Episerver Campaign
- Episerver Search & Navigation (formerly Episerver Find)
- Episerver Personalization
- Episerver Content Delivery API
- Episerver Forms Service API
- Episerver add-ons
Web Apps can now be restarted as a self-service in the DXC Service Management Portal. See Restarting a Web App for more information.
- Added a ProjectId parameter to Connect-EpiCloud
- Connect-EpiCloud will validate the credentials when ProjectId is specified
- Added a ShowProgress switch to Start/Reset/Complete-EpiDeployment that displays a progress bar when the deployment is running
- Added verbose logging to indicate deployment progress
- Disabled positional arguments in the cmdlets
● Support for persisting public certificates during deployments.
● The collection of statistics on the Marketing screen has been reworked to improve performance.
A customer service representative can use the Authorize.Net payment gateway to process customer payments.
Customer service representatives can now view the payment plan list and detail of each payment plan.
You can view all order returns and the details of each return. The returns list shows this information:
- return number
- created by
- return total
The return detail provides: product name, code, quantity, placed price, total, and return reason.
Using the Order management screen, you can create a return authorization to support customers' ability to return items.
● The Design System is being applied to the Order Details screen.
- You can change the name of an existing Smart Campaign by using the REST API. In addition, a new GET method enables users to retrieve analysis data of a campaign. See Campaign REST API documentation.
- You can cancel a running recipient analysis of a Smart Campaign by using the REST API. See Campaign REST API documentation.
You can use velocity field functions for the name and the local part of the sender and reply-to email address when editing Smart Campaigns email messages.
Inline Editing lets you edit the texts of your mailing template directly in the mailing preview.
The new Structured data tab was added to the General settings paragraph in the Template Kit. Add content in the Gmail Promotions tab section to define what contents Gmail should prominently display in the Gmail Promotions tab.
Magento 2 version 1.3.5 released including support for Magento 2.3.
Note: For Magento 2.3.3 support, download the patch from the Magento website.
This new feature enables SMS recipients to unsubscribe from the SMS channel by sending an SMS with the keyword “STOP” (or a customized keyword), or request a help message by sending the keyword “HELP” (or a customized keyword). See Episerver User Guide – SMS Processes for more information.
The Advanced node dialog box in Marketing Automation contains the new option Limit number of recipients. With this option, you can limit the number of recipients, for example, when sending out surveys that should have a limited population. See the Episerver User Guide - Marketing Automation nodes for more information.
The latest add-on (version 1.568) contains the following features:
- Select Mailing Campaign: Select a mailing campaign within the CRM without copying and pasting IDs from Episerver Campaign.
- Test Messages: Add test lists from Episerver Campaign to the client configuration and use it for sending test messages from the CRM.
- Integration Service: Better synchronization performance and error handling. In case of a workflow error, the service will not time out immediately. You configure the number of retries in the config file.
- Page cookie handling: Adapts to changes created by a Microsoft service update.
- Opt-in handling: Adapts the opt-in behavior when synchronizing subscribes from Campaign. Entries in Campaign’s Opt-in list are also deleted for subscriptions that are triggered from the CRM.
- Bug fix: Encodes email addresses with Gmail versioning.
- Bug fix: Deleted advertising consent will not stop the synchronization.
- Bug fix: Adapts security roles for Episerver user and admin.
● New REST API tab in the API overview section of Campaign front-end
Episerver has released a new standard operating procedure requiring the annual rotation of Episerver Search & Navigation keys going into effect immediately. For customers on the DXP, this change will be seamlessly applied to your indexes and sites. For customers utilizing Search & Navigation outside of the DXP, please contact Technical Support Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) to acquire your updated Search & Navigation keys. For more information, see blog post on Key Rotation on Episerver Find by Aniel Sud.
● Episerver Search & Navigation now uses the new platform navigation component. See also blog post by Ryan Bare.
It is now possible to create segments based on filter definitions and historical data in Episerver Insight user interface.
Note: This version of the Personalization Portal is a hybrid between the old UI and the new UI following the Episerver Design System. Subsequent versions of the Personalization Portal will adhere more closely to the Episerver Design System.
The Personalization Portal follows the Episerver product renaming conventions introduced by the Product Marketing team.
In the Personalization Portal for Recommendations, columns added to the Product report for Impressions, CTR and CTP. The data was added to the CSV export of the Product report.
If the Personalization Portal's feed export causes an error, and a user clicks the error link, a friendly error message appears.
The ContentDeliveryApi.Commerce – CD.Commerce supports rendering Episerver Commerce content in SPA site with Vue or React. Basically, the client can use the default endpoints provided in ContentDeliveryApi.Cms package to retrieve Catalog content through CD.Commerce in the JSON format. See the developer guide topic Content Delivery API and Commerce for more information.
Release of a new package, CD.Search.Commerce, that allows searching Commerce catalog content using Episerver Find for Commerce and Content Delivery API.
The following options have been added:
- ValidateTemplateForContentUrl: Enable/Disable the validation of content URL. For example, this option should be set to false if you want to get the URL of a content folder.
- FlattenPropertyModel: If this option is set to true, the response JSON will be flattened.
- IncludeNullValues: If this option is set to false, the JSON serializer will ignore all null values in the response.
- IncludeMasterLanguage: If this option is set to false, the response model of content will not contain the MasterLanguage property.
● Improved performance through the addition of a new endpoint for retrieving submission data.
Episerver Connect for Campaign 3.0.0 has been released. This is a breaking change release, see Breaking changes for Connect for Campaign 3.0.0 for more information.
Last updated: Mar 06, 2020