Release Notes for EPiServer Commerce 1 R2 SP1
About This Release
EPiServer Commerce 1 R2 SP1 for EPiServer CMS 6 R2 contains a number of enhancements and bug fixes described below. This release is based on a new build (5.2) of the Commerce Manager framework.
Enhancements and fixes
- Support for upgrade from previous versions
Only upgrade from EPiServer Commerce 1.0 SP1 to this version 1 R2 SP1, is supported through Deployment Center.
- Product Picker link integrity
Permanent link support meaning that the URL is kept when a product is renamed or a product SEO URL property is changed, or the site is moved to a different domain or virtual directory.
- Single Sign On implemented
Integrated single login with the Commerce Manager part of EPiServer Commerce.
NOTE This feature has been subsequently removed (Feb 2013).
- Finer granularity with permissions
Possible to add an extra permission allowing a user to change the line item price so that an "ordinary" user can add discount but cannot change the line price. This is useful for instance when adding a return.
- Return reason dictionary allowing configuration
Possible to edit the return reasons dropdown from the Administration/System Setiings section in Commerce Manager.
Increased overall performance of the Commerce Manager backend system.
- Bug fixes
Business Foundation publishing issue and other bug fixes.
- Increased the size of the Value column on PaymentMethodParameter, update PaymentMethodDto, updated related scripts.
- Changed Shipping Gateway Interface Signature to take in Shipment Instead Of LineItem Array.
- Changed loading of promotion configuration files to only load *.config files.
- Added method to the commerce library to programatically trigger a rebuild of the full text indexes.
- Updated full-text indexing to SQL Server 2005/2008 model.