Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

LocalDB connection issue with AlloyDemo

Vote:

I've started the developer training and created the AlloyDemo MVC site with Episerver Search with .NET Framework 4.8, as per the exercise guide. When I go to start without debugging, I get the following:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 50 - Local Database Runtime error occurred. Error occurred during LocalDB instance startup: unable to create the SQL Server process.

I confirmed the connection string in the web.config points to the database listed in App_Data. I did see this forum post from years ago: https://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/-EPiServer-75-CMS/Thread-Container/2015/4/problems-connecting-to-database-on-new-site/. Going through related documents, I went ahead and did sqllocaldb start in a command prompt. After that I tried the site again and got a different error:

Could not open new database 'EPiServerDB_2845108a'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted.
Cannot attach the file 'C:\Episerver\CMSTraining\AlloyDemo\App_Data\EPiServerDB_2845108a.mdf' as database 'EPiServerDB_2845108a'.
File activation failure. The physical file name "C:\Episerver\CMSTraining\AlloyDemo\App_Data\EPiServerDB_2845108a_log.ldf" may be incorrect.
The log cannot be rebuilt when the primary file is read-only.

So there is no LDF file there, which is a correct statement, but then this is out-of-the-box from the VS plugin (which I have the latest version of and it downloaded the latest version of Episerver Nugets as of three days ago). Is there a process I'm missing that's supposed to create this log file on run and do the proper setup?

May 21, 2020 10:28
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.