Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

reinstall episerver scheduler?

Vote:

Hello is it possible to reinstall the episerver scheduler - the reason for this is that i do not have the config file for the scheduler with the site-connections and need a new config file for the scheduler with the existing episerver-sites added to the config.
Feb 20, 2008 11:17
Vote:

Yup. No problemo :) If your service is still running, you need to uninstall it first. Open a command window, and go to the folder C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 Then, run the command InstallUtil.exe /u "C:\Program Files\EPiServer.Scheduler\EPiServer.SchedulerSvc.exe" To reinstall the service you run the same command, but without the /u. BUT(!), I have experienced some strange behaviour by doing this, so what I would recommend, is that after you uninstall the service, you delete (or rename :)) your EPiServer.Scheduler folder. After doing that, you install a dummy site from the episerver manager (install without database). The manager will install the service correctly for you, and you can delete the dummy site with the episerver manager. -- Lars Ø Bodahl www.epinova.no
Feb 21, 2008 7:41
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.