Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

demo site login?

Vote:

Hi,

I just installed CMS5 R2 with the demo site.  How can log into it??  I did not see anything during install about default accounts and I can't find anything in the documentation to tell me a default account.  I have tried logging-in with my windows credentials in the form, but that does not work.

Thanks,

Craig

Nov 07, 2008 15:26
Vote:

It defaults to the Windows membership provider so any account that is member of the local Administrators group.

Just enter username + password without any domain.

Nov 07, 2008 15:55
Vote:

Ahh, without the domain.  It does not work for domain users though?  I had to enter a local account from the machine, which is very strange to say the least.  Oh, and where is this documented?

Also, that did not work for the admin URL.  What can I log into there with?  When I tried a local admin user I get:

"The systm cannot find the file specified."

Any ideas?

Craig

Nov 07, 2008 16:59
Vote:

You can log on with a domain account if that user is a member of a group that has administrator rights on the computer.

You can set which groups/users that should be able to access edit/admin in the web.config file. Find the:  <location path="uipath"> and check the <allow roles".....> tag to check which users/groups that have access to edit mode. Then check <location path="uipath/admin"> for admin mode.

Can you post the full errormessage you get when you access admin mode? It sounds strange that you are able to access edit but not admin mode.

--
Lars Ø Bodahl
www.epinova.no 

Nov 12, 2008 6:59
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.