Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Installing EPiServer 5.1.422.122 Timeout

Vote:

I've installed EPiServer Manager 2.0.19.3 and am trying to perform an Online EPiServer Installation of EPiServer 5.1.422.122 SP1 Release. However, the installation can't be completed. After the "Preparing Installation..." screen, it proceeds to the "Downloading /Install/EPiServerRelease51.sql.." step. However, I keep getting the error "Retry 5 (UnknownError) /Install/EPiServerRelease51.sql... Timeout"
Jan 30, 2008 9:16
Vote:

I have got the same error. Can some help pls.I have tried installing other version 5.1.422.256 SP2, still the same problem. I have even tried the installation by skipping the database creating step.

I am using windows 2003 server SP1 with SQL server 2005 workgroup edition.

Jun 17, 2008 2:33
Vote:

I have managed to solve the problem by doing offine install. Instructions: http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-CMS-SP2/EPiServer-CMS-5-SP2-Installation-Instructions/

I was trying to the online install on my server since I had internet access, but the server was not allowing the .sql file to download due to security reasons(unknown to me). Hence I created a offline package locally, uploaded and installed via offline installation on the server and it works like a charm !

Edited, Jun 17, 2008 5:46
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.