Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Ho do I get episerver running?

Vote:

OK, very simple question. I downloaded and installed the SDK for Episerver 5. Started up visual studio 2005 and created a new episerver project as per the "Getting started" section of the help file. When run it says it can't connect to the database. (EpiServerDB.mdf). Paths are all correct. The data connection to EPiServerDB.mdf (under App_data) seems to rely on SQLExpress. I have SQL Server 2005 (full version - no the express edition). Is there a way to use this MDF file with the full edition of SQL Server 2005? Editing the connections.config file to point at an empty database in SQL SERVER works, but quickly results in a "Stored Proceedure not found" error. (Because it is an empty database :o) Can I import the MDF into SQL Server 2005. More to the point is there any documentation on the EpiServer site about this? I'm surely not the first person who wants to run this with the full edition of SQL Server 2005. Thanks, A would-be episerver customer.
Oct 19, 2007 15:25
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.