Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Logga in

Vote:

Hi! I just installed EPi server and a website of mine (did a copy of the old files in the project and a restore of the old database). When I hit 'Logga in' on http://localhost/util/login.aspx after entering the username and password, nothing happens AT ALL! What to do? Why isn't the LoginButton.Click event fire? Why not any errormessages???
Apr 05, 2006 16:59
Vote:

Close the browser, delete all cookies, do an iisreset, disable the guest account, buy chocolate - in that order - and try again. /Steve
Apr 05, 2006 18:16
Vote:

I've just done something similar and had a similar problem. I profiled the server and found that everytime I tried to log in, a query was run against a completely different database. I eventually found out that this was the database with the dbid of the old database (prior to restore). Somewhere there's a cached/logged reference to the old database, however the steps outlined by Steve didn't help (not even the chocolate!). Does anyone know where this reference to the dbid is stored? Thanks Will
Jun 08, 2006 14:45
Vote:

sorry, my post was in fact a red herring... while it was accessing a db with the corresponding id to the one it had before, this was a co-incidence. The actual problem is that when it goes to the admin site, for some reason it is trying to go to the default website.
Jun 08, 2006 18:48
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.