Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Commerce Manager: CSV Import Catalog: Import progress window provides no progress

Vote:

Reproduction Steps
1. Log into Commerce Manager.
2. Go to Catalog Manager > Catalogs > Import/Export > CSV Import Catalog.
3. Import any kind of file e.g. products.
4. You are presented with a window showing the 'progress' of the operation.
5. The 'progress' only refreshes (at 100%) when the whole operation is complete.

This can be a problem for our users, especially when importing large files. They might, for example, update all the prices in their catalogue and there can be many price groups and customer-specific prices per product, leading to price file containing many thousands of records.

These files can take many minutes to process. This is ok, but there is no indication of progress. Some users have reported leaving the process running for hours with no indication of whether any action is taking place. This leads them to log out, log back in again and restart the process.

It looks like the window is specifically designed to indicate the progress of the operation but this is not currently functional.

Mar 17, 2020 10:55
Vote:

Thank you for your feedback - I believe we received this through application support as well, which I asked them to file an internal feature request. I will relay my message there: I agree the current implementation is not ideal, and a progress indicator is better, but given our priority this might not be implemented any time soon. 

Mar 17, 2020 12:17
Vote:

Thanks for your feedback.

Having no indication of progreess on a progress bar is clearly not behaviour as would be expected. 

There is currently no planned work on this specifically, but we'll estimate the effort required and hopefully be able to include it as we work on product info management enhancements.

Jul 01, 2020 12:29
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.