Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Make Company Name available in Commerce Manager

Vote:

We are a wholesaler, so our accounts are businesses, not individuals. In the Commerce Manager, it would be helpful to have the company name included in the Customer Management area as well as in the Order Management area. It would be very helpful to be able to see and search on the company name and back office number when I'm trying to find orders and individuals. Thanks.

Apr 17, 2018 22:09
Vote:

Commerce Manager allows such customizations, but it's not officially supported. We are unlikely introducing new features in Commerce Manager, but you are welcome to contact expert services to get your requests done. 

Apr 17, 2018 22:28
Vote:

This makes no sense to me, unless EpiServer was designed for retailers and not wholesalers - is that the case?

I have spoken with the (very impressive) support staff about adding this, and they were the ones who suggested I post it to the Feature Request board. After such a great experience, I am disheartened that my request was soundly rejected within minutes of being posted - it seems that it isn't even being considered.

Please let me know if EpiServer is more of a retailer's platform than a wholesale platform.

Thanks in advance!

Apr 17, 2018 22:45
Vote:

As a framework, we did our best to make sure we provide best values on invested time and resources. I.e. feature requests by multiple customers and/or high business impacts will be prioritized.

We also made no secret that we would not introduce new development in Commerce Manager unless absolutely necessary. We are working on replacing CM in the future. In fact, we have been asked to kill CM by many customers.

As I said you have two choices: either contact expert services and let them do the customization for you, or wait for the replacement of order management. The latter is being worked on, but that would take a considerable time before it becomes available. 

Apr 18, 2018 7:08
Vote:

Oh, that makes much more sense.

I am very new to EpiServer (our site went live just over a month ago), and I've only just discovered the EpiServer support area, so I'm not aware of anything that's been promised in the past or is being worked on. Now that you've explained that you are reworking the Order Management feature, it makes complete sense that you would not make a change to the existing one.

I would appreciate if you would pass my request to the development team that they include the company name in the new version.

Thanks so much for the additional information.

Apr 18, 2018 14:16
Vote:

I'm in the Commerce development team - and yes, we will take that into considerations. 

Apr 18, 2018 14:22
Vote:

Thanks so much - that's all I wanted to hear!

Have a good one...

Apr 18, 2018 14:24
Vote:

If this sounds like a shameless plug, then it probably is, but I added a recipe for this requirement in my (second) book. You can of course check it out if you want to (and can return for a full refund if you don't like it), but I will eventually re-publish the recipe in my blog, just not very soon. 

May 08, 2018 10:49
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.