Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Content Approval - for users except self if i am the approver

Vote:

We have approvals enabled. But since i´m one of the approvers, by user or by role, doesnt matter, I should not need to click "Send for approval"-->"Approve"-->"Publish" to Publish stuff (also i get mails and notifications) I should be able to Publish right away.

That would be neat. Fair?

Request from my editors

Regards

Edited, Feb 01, 2018 23:12
Vote:

Definitely a +1 from me as well. :-)

Feb 02, 2018 8:14
Vote:

Seems very reasonable. +1

Feb 02, 2018 8:57
Vote:

I'm late to the party here but if you editors really want this feature then you could reverse the usage of the isUserInApprovalSequence() method I blogged about here and just publish instead:

https://www.david-tec.com/2017/10/preventing-editors-approving-their-own-content-using-episerver-approval-sequences/

Bear in mind they would lose the ability to add a approval comment if thats how the sequence has been configured.

David

Feb 05, 2018 21:51
Vote:

Welcome to the party, don´t seem to be able to approve from EPiServer.ContentEventArgs, e.Cancel is easy, but you don-t have a e.Approve. any thoughts?

Would be lovely even before push button to have the Publish instead of "Send for Approval" if user is approver.

Feb 07, 2018 15:37
Vote:

I would probably need to build a custom approval step... still..

Feb 07, 2018 15:38
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.