Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Automatically create alt and title attributes when dragging IContent into ContentAreas

Vote:

It would be great if it would be possible to fix so that if I drag a page och media into a contentarea the links title and alt attributes would automatically be set instead of forcing the editor to edit the link and set it up (that doesn't) happen.

If this could be configured by us developers with two attributes [TitleText] [AltText] on the properties responsible to deliver the values this would be super nice. Customers get alt and title attributes which is important for validation and web content accessability and it's easy for us developers to set it up. Some sort of default behaviour like pagename/filename would be nice as well if we would forget to do it.

Jul 19, 2017 11:04
Vote:

+1

Jul 19, 2017 11:07
Vote:

Ok, so essentially you would want the default partial template for pages to look for those two attributes, and render any property found as alt / title tags?

Jul 20, 2017 12:01
Vote:

Yeah. But if pages are dragged into a content area the editors should be able to modify the attributes in the contentarea link and if so the modified values should be displayd. 

Jul 20, 2017 12:03
Vote:

Ok, and would those modified values be written back to the properties with the alt / tittle attributes? Or are you suggesting the modified values are stored somehow next to those properties? If yes, would the modified values be "per link" or "per page" i.e. if I modified the values as I dragged the page into ContentAreaA would the modified values also show if I dragged them into ContentAreaB?

Jul 20, 2017 12:36
Vote:

Regarding default values, I don't think that would actually be that great for accessibility. Since you should only have a title if the link text is not clear enough. For alt-text, you should only have one if the image has some important information in it, if it's just a decorative image then the alt text should be empty. Defaulting to just the name would then just make the acccessibility worse.

Why not use a link list in this case instead, where you can change these values already?

Jul 20, 2017 21:44
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.