Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Reload/reset template with default values

Vote:

Hey Epi

When in editmode on page level - it would be a great help for developers if we had a button on the page advanced settings that would reset or just reload/recreate the current page so that it could get all the default values that has been made since the page was created. 

Today we need to delete the page and create it again for this to happen. And if the page is the root page .... all the children will also be deleted. Ofc. I can just insert the default text manually... but hey - its 2017 right ;)

I think that this would primaerly be a nice feature for developers so this button or what ever should maybe only be available for admins. 

Let me hear what you think?

Apr 18, 2017 13:31
Vote:

You can sort of do this already by using the versions gadget and revert to a previous version of the page.

Apr 18, 2017 14:28
Vote:

Uhhh sounds abit hacky :)
But how do you do this?

Have tried to open the versions gadget and then revert to a previous version and then publish didn't give me the default values. 
Also it gave me a "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" publish error. 

Apr 18, 2017 14:59
Vote:

I think it should be developers responsibility depending on business requirements. Such a button in product can cause issues in result of accidental clicking, and better not to have this option when multiple editors and team are working on same page. Default values of a page can be set by overriding the SetDefaultValues method while defining the page type in Code. On creating a new page, default values will always be there. Previous version can be compared and republished anytime (if all goes well :)).

Apr 18, 2017 21:56
Vote:

@khurramkhang: good point - I could imagine this happening for some admins. 

I will try and see if I can't get the versions trick to work. 

Anyone have other tricks that might get the latest default values?

Apr 19, 2017 8:29
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.