Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Properties - next level....

Vote:

In EPiServer we have several types of properties: - Built inn properties like PageName. - Page defined properties like MainBody (typical). - Dynamic properties like ShowMenuFrom. But why don't we have our own "built in" properties? Why can't i say that i want a property PageDisplayName to be available on all pages without have to add the property on every pagetype ? Well, i think this would be nice, but until i get my wish i'll update my x numbers of pagetypes with the new property with the same text over and over again. Or perhaps make a plugin that behind the scene updates all pagetypes with the new one. Will see :D /Øyvind
May 22, 2006 15:29
Vote:

I second this one! :) In one of our solutions, we use some properties that enable the editors to enter presentation information (ingress, image, image alignment and so on), much like the function of the MainIntro property in the Sample Site. These properties are available on all page types, and it would have been great to have these defined in one place, making them available for all page types. Frank :)
May 23, 2006 18:37
Vote:

I third the motion. Only I think it would be better if you could create 'property groups' which could inherit other 'property groups' (or at least include them). This would allow you to create a 'property group' for each of your user controls and then just include them or inherit from them on your page type definiation. Jim
Jul 04, 2006 11:10
Vote:

Yes, it would be perfect. And if you also could have global properties pr language without the extra "inheritance-overhead" of dynamic properties. Any confirmation from EPiServer staff that they have registered this feature request? Freddy :-)
Oct 20, 2006 13:25
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.