Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

FindPagesWithCriteria

Vote:

If possible please consider adding an implementation of DataFactory.FindPagesWithCriteria that returns a PageReferenceCollection instead of the fully populated PageDataCollection. When performing searches that return a large number of results the page cache may overflow resulting in heavy load on the database as the collection is being populated. Adding a parameter to limit the number of results returned by FindPagesWithCriteria would be an alternative but working with a PageReferenceCollection would be ideal.
Feb 15, 2005 16:59
Vote:

I think that is a great idea and technically it shouldn't be a problem. I have added it to the EPiServer suggestions (Issue #30776 - FindPagesWithCriteria implementation that returns a PageReferenceCollection).
Feb 16, 2005 11:09
Vote:

Hi. If you don't want to wait for the feature being released, you can check out this. EPiServer.DataAccess.PropertySearchDB search = new EPiServer.DataAccess.PropertySearchDB(); EPiServer.Core.PageReferenceCollection refColl = search.FindPagesWithCriteria(UnifiedPrincipal.CurrentSid, pageLink, criterias); Frank :)
Feb 16, 2005 19:00
Vote:

Thanks Frank. I found this method too and it does solve the problem. But since only a small portion of the DataAccess namespace is part of the SDK documentation maybe it would make sence to expose it through the DataFactory as well.
Feb 16, 2005 21:23
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.