Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Relate Installation

Vote:

Hello!  I would like to create an empty Episerver site with Episerver Relate.  But in Deployment Centre I have only one item "Install Episerver Relate Site" in section "Episerver Relate". I installed it and now I have Episerver Relate site (Web forms) with pages and other content. So the question is: how can I create Empty Episerver Relate site ?  One more question:  is it possible to create Episerver MVC Relate site ? 

Any help? 

Sep 25, 2014 13:40
Vote:

Relate is a template like Alloy one and a combination between CMS, Community an EpiServer Mail. So you can't install empty template site. You should install an empty CMS (Webform or MVC) and then install Community on it. 

Sep 25, 2014 14:40
Vote:

@Huy Ok. I installed right now empty Alloy MVC site using Deployment Centre "Install site and SQL Server database"  (In second dialog I selected "Install Alloy MVC Sample Site"  and I unchecked "Import Alloy content and redefine Start Page"). What should I do next to install Episerver Relate on this site ?

Sep 25, 2014 15:05
Vote:

Next step would be to install the epi Community module. And then after that the EpiServer Mail one. That should give you a "clean" relate solution.

I would however advice to keeping the other releate site you install for as a code example referense.

Sep 25, 2014 15:33
Vote:

@Petter Klang  I installed Episerver Community (Install Community on existing site) and Episerver Mail (Install Mail on existing site) using Deployment Centre , but I cant see this modules on Admin panel:  Admin panel Screen shot

Sep 25, 2014 16:33
Vote:

Hi guys! I found a problem (maybe bug). I use Microsoft Live Account to my Windows 8 Pro. This account is Administrator. I instaled Community and Mail but I cant see them in admin panel. Then I created local Windows account , switched to it and loggined to admin panel. Now I can see all modules in admin panel using local Windows account. So looks like Episerver doesnt support Windows 8 (Microsoft Live Account ). So summary: If you have Windows 8 and you use Microsoft Live account then create a local account!!!

Sep 26, 2014 12:28
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.