Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Annoying errors from Visits module in log file

Vote:

I have tried searching for this but find nothing about it.

My log4net log is filling up with tons of these messages. There's usually several entries logged every second, but sometimes there's 2-3 seconds between them. Over the course of a week (I archive the logs on a weekly basis), there can be hundres of MB of these messages, making it difficult to find other stuff I'm searching for in the logs.

We don't remove any visits, only add them, and I check all IEntity when creating a Visit object so they are not null. The author, however, can be null since we also log anonymous visits (is there a better, recommended way of logging anonymous vists?). We don't have any event handlers connected to any of the VisitHandlers events either.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated! We're using version 4.1.517.358 of episerver.community.dll.

The log entries are as follows, with the only difference being the time stamp:

2013-07-19 09:45:25,739 ERROR [18] EPiServer.Common.ImplementationModule.HandleAddVisitEvent - EPiServer Common: Visits Module failed to handle added or removed visits event because: Object cannot be null
Parameter name: obj at EPiServer.Common.Cache.CacheHandler.SetCachedObject(Object obj, DateTime expiry, TimeSpan span, CacheItemPriority priority, String[] key)
at EPiServer.Common.Cache.CacheHandler.SetCachedObject(Object obj, String[] key)
at EPiServer.Common.ImplementationModule.HandleAddVisitEvent(VisitEventData visitEventData)

Jul 19, 2013 10:06
Vote:

Ehm, I mean version 4.1.517.500...

Jul 19, 2013 10:21
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.