Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Uploading videos with Episerver community

Vote:

Im having difficulties uploading videos with the sample provided in the demo site of Episerver Community. I have changed the necessary user right on the corresponding folders and nothing seems to happen.

The problem can be divided into two questions:

1. When I use the standard admin interface provided by Episerver Community and upload a video to a user the dialog box just freezes with the uploading button pressed. The video Im trying to upload is very small (.flv format) so I dont think it is the size that has anything to do with it.

2. When i try to upload the video from the "myVideoGallery" page I only get a javascript error:

Invalid pointer.

This error is traced back to the following javascript code (in bold):

function __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument) {
    if (!theForm.onsubmit || (theForm.onsubmit() != false)) {
        theForm.__EVENTTARGET.value = eventTarget;
        theForm.__EVENTARGUMENT.value = eventArgument;
        theForm.submit();
    } 

Im also confused about the

private const int GLOBAL_VIDEO_GALLERY_ID = 38;

code in the code behind file, I know it has something to do with postback handling.

Any thoughts?

//Diego

Aug 05, 2008 16:28
Vote:

The GLOBAL_VIDEO_GALLERY_ID is just specific to the implementation on the demo site, where a specific VideoGallery that has been created is used as the "global" gallery (as opposed to the different users' own galleries).

Regarding the upload issue, is the VideoPostRewriter control on the page? That control handles redirecting the HTTP POST to the configured CDN (configured in VideoGallery.config).

Can you verify where your browser actually POSTs the form data?

Aug 14, 2008 10:57
Vote:

Hi Diego,

The Video Gallery function requires a CDN, a place to store the videos. The built-in CDN does not upload videos to the webserver running EPiServer Community but to a computing cloud doing the transcoding of the video and the video storage. Because of this, you need to have an account setup for the CDN-provider to work. Get in touch with your partner contact at EPiServer to get started with the video gallery.

Regards,

Kristoffer Sjöberg

Edited, Aug 14, 2008 10:59
Vote:

Thank you guys,

Håkan, I have the Video gallery control and hope you are refering to that one because I dont seem to find another one on the demo sajt.

I have contacted EPiserver and when I get an answer to the question I post it here for everyone to see. 

cheers

Diego Delfino

Edited, Aug 18, 2008 11:56
Vote:

Hi everyone,

I contacted episerver and they gave me a VideoGallery.config file that has to be putted into the following directory: netstar/starcommunity/modules/videogallery

Once that is done the uploading module will work, I still have some questions about the module that im waiting to get answered. When I have them I will put them here for everyone.

Regards,

Diego

Aug 20, 2008 13:32
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.