Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problems with edit and admin in SP3

Vote:

Hi,

I've created two sites on EPiServer SP3 (build 5.1.422.267) and I'm having problems with both.

- When I log in using the "log in" link on one of the demo pages I'm successfully logged in, but the right-click menu doesn't work. Two JavaScript-errors, "'EPi' not defined" and one "';' expected".

- Neither admin nor edit area work. Both areas report JavaScrit errors (I'm using IE7 w/o dev. toolbar so I can't see proper error reports). The EPiServer logo is not aligned in the top-left corner. On one site non of the images appear.

- In admin I cannot click on neither "edit mode" nor "view mode", but the links below "Admin", "Config", and "Page type" works.

- I can't click on any of the pages in the page-tree structure in edi-tmode. The pages just appear in a new window..

The sites are running on a vmware-image on WinXP. After all of the problems I installed a SP2-site and everything appears to be working on that site.

Are there any special installation actions needed?

Regards,

Peter

Sep 09, 2008 15:47
Vote:

No, there shouldn't be any special installation instructions needed with SP3 and it should work just as well as your SP2 installation.

But the issues you're describing sound like there some javascript that isn't loaded correctly. You could try running fiddler while surfing to your sites and compare the SP2 to the SP3 to see if you see any javascript on the SP3 site that seems to be missing or not loaded correctly.

Sep 10, 2008 9:50
Vote:

Hi Nicklas,

It might have been the WebResource.axd file that wasn't loading correctly. I did a quick comparison and noticed that the size was 0.

Then I used the "Clear WinINET Cache" tool in Fiddler before loading each site. After that all sites are running as expected.

That was the easiest solution ever =) Greatly appreciated!

// Peter

Sep 10, 2008 11:03
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.