Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Export and VPP?

Vote:

I have a few hundred pages in an installation and I would like to move them to another site. Exporting that node and importing it works just great for the text but how do I get the files in PageFiles over to the new site??

Just copying the VPP over to the new site didn't work.

Both sites are running CMS5 SP1.

tia
/Fredrik, Internetfabriken

Apr 02, 2008 16:52
Vote:

Every file that are linked to by any page will be included in the export package (given that the checkbox "Export files that the page links to"). If you want to include files not linked to by any page then you must explicitly include those files in the importpackage by selecting "Export files" and selecting the files (unfortuantely currently you have two select each file one by one in the GUI).

To get the files imported correctly the site you import to must have a VPP configured with the same identifier that the vpp had on the site you exported from. E.g. "SitePageFiles".

Apr 03, 2008 13:35
Vote:

Hi,

A word of caution when using CSS Friendly adapters and Export files.

When clicking "Add" for a file all that appears is a empty window with the root folders (Page files, Global files, and Documents). It took me a while before I realized what was going on.. (The CSS Friendly adapter renders UL - LI instead of tables on the TreeView-component.)

I solved it by temporarily by removing CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser from the App_Browsers folder.

Is there a better way to make these two features work together?

Regards,

Peter

Dec 15, 2008 15:49
Vote:

I keep receiving this alert "The connection to the server has been terminated.\r\nTry and reload and start again".

Edit: It might have been one file that was causing problems. If I tried to export that file only I got this error: "The following errors have occurred:
Failed to export file AFolder/AFile.pdf from provider SiteDocuments, reason: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))"

That error does not appear when additional files are included in export

// Peter

Edited, Dec 15, 2008 15:57
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.