Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Creating and using a own CacheDependency in EPiServer

Vote:

After reading this thread, http://www.episerver.com/en/EPiServer_Knowledge_Center/Developer-Forum2/EPiServer-Developer-Forums-/1805/6409/, I have started using this cache metod after doing FindPagesWithCriteria searches, and it works very nice. In a project I am working on now we are using a third party plug in to EPiServer called ImageVault(http://www.meridium.se/templates/ProductPage____15.aspx?epslanguage=SV). In some PageTemplates I use a property called an ImageVaultAlbum property. With this i can render out many pictures stored in one album. For each picture in the ImageVault album i create a Image object and insert it into a System.Collection.Generic.List with images, and then render them out with help of a repeater. After the list is filled with Image objects, i thought about caching the list. If there has been no changes in ImageVault, I do not want the list to be generated again. So I then thought of making a CacheDependency based on DateTime.Now.Ticks and set this when changes has been made in ImageVault(by listening to the IVDataFactory.AfterAddFileEvent, IVDataFactory.AfterUpdateFileEvent, IVDataFactory.UpdateAlbumEvent, and IVDataFactory.DeleteFileEvent). The events I listen to fire when they are suppose to and the DateTime.Now.Ticks is updated. But when I insert the list of images in the cache, it is not working. There is no errormessage and when i insert the list in cache using DateTime absoluteExpiration and TimeSpan slidingExpiration, it works fine. So therfore I concluded with that my CacheDependency does not work. Does any one have a clue why this is not working? My code is listed at the end. Is it possible for me to create a VersionKey or a CacheDependency with the EPiServer.DataFactoryCache class? BR, Tore public const string IVCacheVersionKey = "Moelven.Global.IVCacheVersion"; public static long IVCacheVersion; protected void Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) { // Init IVCacheVersionKey SetIVCacheVersion(null, null); // Update ImageVault IVCacheVersionKey IVDataFactory.AfterAddFileEvent += SetIVCacheVersion; IVDataFactory.AfterUpdateFileEvent += SetIVCacheVersion; IVDataFactory.UpdateAlbumEvent += SetIVCacheVersion; IVDataFactory.DeleteFileEvent += SetIVCacheVersion; } protected static void SetIVCacheVersion(object source, ImageStoreNET.CMS.Data.IVDataEventArgs e) { IVCacheVersion = DateTime.Now.Ticks; } // After the List of images is created string[] dependencyKey = new string[] {Global.IVCacheVersionKey}; CacheDependency dependency = new CacheDependency(null, dependencyKey); HttpContext.Current.Cache.Insert(key, imageList, dependency);
Mar 03, 2008 21:43
Vote:

Can you paste the code where you're inserting an updating the cache item you're adding an dependency to? Or - could this be the error? The dependency should be against another cache item. So, your SetIVCacheVersion method should update the value of an entry in the cache. /Steve
Mar 08, 2008 13:23
Vote:

Hi Steve. My problem was that I did not insert and update the cache item. So now it works perfectly. Thanks for leading my on to the right track :) Is there a reason why the EPiServer.StaticCacheKey is inaccessible for? Had to make my own IVCacheKey that does the same as StaticCacheKey. private static IVCacheKey _versionKey; public const string IVCacheVersion = "Moelven.Global.IVCacheVersion"; protected void Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) { // Init _versionKey _versionKey = new IVCacheKey("Moelven.Global.IVCacheVersion"); SetIVCacheVersion(null, null); // Update ImageVault _versionKey IVDataFactory.AfterAddFileEvent += SetIVCacheVersion; IVDataFactory.AfterUpdateFileEvent += SetIVCacheVersion; IVDataFactory.UpdateAlbumEvent += SetIVCacheVersion; IVDataFactory.DeleteFileEvent += SetIVCacheVersion; } protected static void SetIVCacheVersion(object source, ImageStoreNET.CMS.Data.IVDataEventArgs e) { _versionKey.Value = DateTime.Now.Ticks; } // Properties public static long Version { get { return _versionKey.Value; } } //Internal class internal class IVCacheKey { // Fields private readonly string _keyName; // Methods internal IVCacheKey(string keyName) { _keyName = keyName; EnsureKey(); } internal void EnsureKey() { if (CacheManager.RuntimeCacheGet(_keyName) == null) { SetKey(); } } private void SetKey() { SetKey(DateTime.Now.Ticks); } private void SetKey(long value) { CacheManager.RuntimeCacheInsert(_keyName, value, null, Cache.NoAbsoluteExpiration, Cache.NoSlidingExpiration, CacheItemPriority.NotRemovable); } internal void Update() { CacheManager.RuntimeCacheInsert(_keyName, DateTime.Now.Ticks, null, DateTime.MaxValue, Cache.NoSlidingExpiration, CacheItemPriority.NotRemovable); UpdateRemoteOnly(); } internal void UpdateRemoteOnly() { CacheManager.RemoveRemoteOnly(_keyName); } // Properties internal string Name { get { return _keyName; } } internal long Value { get { EnsureKey(); return (long)CacheManager.RuntimeCacheGet(_keyName); } set { SetKey(value); } } } // After the List of images is created string[] dependencyKey = new string[] { Global.IVCacheVersion }; CacheDependency dependency = new CacheDependency(null, dependencyKey); HttpContext.Current.Cache.Insert(key, imageList, dependency);
Mar 11, 2008 11:07
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.