Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

netKeywordSave proc

Vote:

I have a web site with all pages existing in two languages, but searching is only possible in one of them. I have traced this down to the netKeywordSave stored proc, which seems to delete all indexed keywords for previously processed language branches, before adding keywords for the current language branch. Is this an error, or am I missing something? (I have not experienced this problem with multilanguage pages in 4.61) Thomas Andreassen
Sep 24, 2007 13:43
Vote:

Hi Thomas! I know that there were some bugfixes in this area pretty near the release. Are you running on a release or rc version on your site?
Sep 27, 2007 12:11
Vote:

I am running the release version. Thomas Andreassen
Sep 27, 2007 14:32
Vote:

Hi Thomas I have tried to reproduce this problem, but I was unable to do so. I also checked the netKeyWordSave's history and it has not been changed since 4.61. Is the word gone for the language that is not working in tblKeyWord?
Sep 28, 2007 14:41
Vote:

Yes, the entries are still in tblKeyword. I have been testing this a little now, and it seems to me that this statement in netKeywordSave causes the problems: DELETE FROM tblPageKeyword FROM tblPageKeyword JOIN tblKeyword ON tblKeyword.pkID=tblPageKeyword.fkKeywordID WHERE fkPageID=@PageID AND EXISTS( SELECT * FROM tblTempKeyword WHERE fkPageID=@PageID AND tblTempKeyword.fkLanguageBranchID=tblKeyword.fkLanguageBranchID) After this statement has been run, all entries from the tblPageKeyword table is deleted for the page being processed. If I change the EXISTS clause to SELECT * FROM tblTempKeyword WHERE PageID=@PageID AND tblTempKeyword.fkLanguageBranchID=tblKeyword.fkLanguageBranchID, then only the rows for current page and languagebranch is deleted from tblPageKeyword. I can't say if this has any undesired side effects though. I tested this on an MS SQL Server 9.0.1406. Thomas Andreassen
Oct 01, 2007 12:29
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.