Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

New set of production templates?

Vote:

At "What’s new in EPiServer CMS?" page is said: "Production templates: Together with EPiServer CMS there will be a new package of WCAG and XHTML compliant production-ready templates. These templates are built with best practice, accessibility and compliancy in mind and they can be used as a base for new EPiServer projects." When will the new templates be available?
Apr 14, 2007 12:35
Vote:

The plan is to deliver them together with the first Release Candidate of EPiServer CMS in the end of April. But the release of them might be slightly delayed if quality problems are discovered during the final tests in the end of April.
Apr 14, 2007 12:55
Vote:

It would have been nice to test the new set of templates, or some of the templates, even during the Community Technical Preview phase. How much do they differ from 4.61 ASP.NET 2.0 templates?
Apr 15, 2007 9:35
Vote:

I agree, it would have been nice if they could have been included but it was not possible. Sorry. The new templates are totally rewritten and are not based on the old ones. Because of this we still have some discussions of how parts of them should be built. In general though, they behave similar as the old ones. They are Master Page-based aspx-forms inheriting from EPiServer.TemplatePage using User Controls ("Units") for the all "functionality blocks".
Apr 15, 2007 10:39
Vote:

Just my 2c. Best practice is to have the templates inherit from one of your own classes in the project, which will inherit from TemplatePage. This allow developers to customize all templates on the site in one place (like doing extra security checks, caching or altering the right click menu.) /steve
Apr 16, 2007 7:52
Vote:

I agree with Steve. This will be very usefull with the new PageExtension-support for PageBase in EPiServer CMS where you can enable/disable different features in your page constructor.
Apr 18, 2007 12:00
Vote:

Hi Guys, Were these templates included in the RC1. I've just set up a site in visual studio and have not been asked to install any. Is the process different? Cheers. Pete
Apr 30, 2007 15:07
Vote:

I got the new RC1 templates by setting up my site with the new EPiServer CMS Manager. :) /Jorma
May 01, 2007 18:50
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.