Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Not able to Create/publish a page in newly configured website

Vote:

Hi,

As the servers are upgraded for my project, I recently restored my old website database to a new database in the new server and created the website using EPiServe deployment center.

After the site has been created, I can see everything is working fine, but I'm not able to create/publish any page.

Can you please let us know if I'm missing anything.

Many thanks.

Kishore.

Aug 07, 2014 14:07
Vote:

Can you please add the error message (if there are any) from the log.

I guess that the problem is that the database and site are out of sync (new code with old database)

Aug 07, 2014 14:41
Vote:

Hi,

Make sure that the current language is selected as available lanaguage under "Available Languages" option in edit mode. 

Aug 07, 2014 16:07
Vote:

Hi, 

After I enabled the EPiServer Logs, I found the following log:

2014-08-07 16:03:08,516 ERROR [6] EPiServer.Global.Global_Error - 1.2.5 Unhandled exception in ASP.NETSystem.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.ArgumentException: Invalid postback or callback argument.  Event validation is enabled using in configuration or <%@ page enableeventvalidation="true" %> in a page.  For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them.  If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation.   at System.Web.UI.ClientScriptManager.ValidateEvent(String uniqueId, String argument)   at System.Web.UI.Control.ValidateEvent(String uniqueID, String eventArgument)   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection)   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection)   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad)   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)   at ASP.admin_cms_edit_editpanel_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\0354437c\8d5ae44f\App_Web_t4r5vesf.0.cs:line 0   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Aug 07, 2014 17:07
Vote:

You have som problem with the postback that the IIS does not like, try to do like the errormessage say, go into the web.config and search for  and change it to  and see what is happening

Aug 08, 2014 8:52
Vote:

Thanks for your reply Henrik.

I'm able to publish the pages now.

I never expected the EnableEventValidation stops the page publishing from EPiServer CMS.

Have a good day :)

Aug 08, 2014 11:14
Vote:

There is a faq about it here:
http://world.episerver.com/FAQ/Items/Event-validation-is-enabled-causing-invalid-postback/

Glad that it works

Edited, Aug 08, 2014 12:34
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.