Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Serious Error With LinkItemCollection

Vote:

Hi,

I have a CMS 6R2 project and with a particular page that contains LinkItemCollections AND when there is a published version of the page and a version not ready I am getting the error below (on Save and View and Publish) which suggests a problem with the LinkItemCollection:

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: input]

System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.IsMatch(String input) +7026582

EPiServer.UrlBuilder.Init(String url) +47

EPiServer.Web.PermanentLinkMapStore.TryToMapped(String url, UrlBuilder& mappedUrl) +78

EPiServer.Web.PermanentLinkMapStore.TryToMapped(String url, String& mappedUrl) +85

EPiServer.SpecializedProperties.LinkItem.GetMappedHref(Boolean addPreferredLanguageIfEmpty) +65

EPiServer.SpecializedProperties.LinkItemCollection.Equals(Object obj) +149

EPiServer.Util.VersionMerge.CreateDiff(PageData originalPage, PageData newPage) +558

EPiServer.Util.VersionMerge.DiffAndMergeChanges() +55

EPiServer.UI.Edit.EditPanel.MergePage() +86

EPiServer.UI.Edit.EditPanel.SavePage() +266

EPiServer.UI.Edit.EditPageButtonControl.Save(SaveAction saveAction, Boolean goToViewPage) +103

EPiServer.UI.Edit.EditPageButtonControl.Save_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +17

EPiServer.UI.WebControls.ToolButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +90

EPiServer.UI.WebControls.ToolButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +170

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +29

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2981

In the database I have set all LinkItemCollections on the page to null and actually deleted them as well but I still get the error when selecting Save and View or Publish.

We have recreated the page from scratch which was fine to start with but then this started happening again which suggests it's a content issue. This is becoming a problem as a client needs to publish a page.

Has anyone seen this before or know how I might track down the undelying cause?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

May 16, 2014 11:54
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.