Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

The EPiServer Scheduler Service does not appear to be active

Vote:

Hello,

We have problems with the scheduled jobs that do not run as expected. When I look at a job, the message "The EPiServer Scheduler Service does not Appear to be active ...". I have verified that the service has not crashed, which it has not done. I have also verified that we are running the version of EPiServer CMS 6 R2 with "General Hotfix" which I understand to include fixes for problems with the scheduler.

After looking at the source code to DatabaseJob-page and looked at the if-statement that controls whether the message is displayed or not, I have made a simple test page:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

<script runat="server" language="c#">

EPiServer.DataAbstraction.ScheduledJob scheduledJob = EPiServer.DataAbstraction.ScheduledJob.LoadNextScheduledJob ();

</ Script>

Job is null: <% = scheduledJob == (EPiServer.DataAbstraction.ScheduledJob) null%> <br /> <br />

Next Execution: <% = scheduledJob != null ? scheduledJob.NextExecution.ToString() : "N / A" %> <br /> <br />

IsServiceOnline <% = EPiServer.DataAbstraction.ScheduledJob.IsServiceOnline%>

The output from the page is:

Job is null: False

Next Execution: 2013-03-25 21:17:43

IsServiceOnline: False

Does anyone have suggestions on how we can proceed with troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance!

// Kalle

Aug 14, 2013 9:09
Vote:

Do your jobs run when you start them manually?
Since Next Execution date is in the past, I think your scheduler queue is corrupted. 

Reset the execution status (or clear the queue table) as described here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17651558/episerver-schedule-job-not-running-automatically (requires database access).

Sep 04, 2013 23:52
Vote:

Sep 05, 2013 8:43
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.