Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Decrypt and Encrypt XForms

Vote:

Hi,

Is it possible to EnCrypt XForm data into a database and then DeCrypt the data back out into an email and view the Form data in the CMS as either a generated Excel doc and via the CMS Composer XForm Data tab.

I can EnCrypt the data by using BeforeSubmitPostedData but then the report in the CMS  Composer XForm Data tab is EnCrypted.

Many thanks for your help,

Jon

Jun 27, 2013 12:03
Vote:

Hi Jonathan,

Have you tried accessing the XForm from code and using the GetPostedData method to retrieve the encrypted data back?  You could then perform decryption at this point.

Jul 25, 2013 12:03
Vote:

Can this be used in the CMS - so for example: if you go to a page in the CMS where there is an XForm and you click on the XForm tag, the data is Encrypted, is there anyway to override the existing code to Decrypt the data?

The call needs to be when the user is viewing the data via the CMS or when exporting the data.

Cheers

Edited, Jul 25, 2013 13:28
Vote:

I'm thinking this will be a customised page or gadget for viewing and exporting the XForms data.  The in-built CMS options for presenting XForms data are not extensible from what I've been able to find. 

Jul 25, 2013 14:56
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.