Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Link Collection data crashes page fetching

Vote:

An editor was able to save a page that crashes all calls where it's PageData is fetched. This is what our error handler logs:

System.Xml.XmlException

'

', hexadecimal value 0x0B, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 907.

Stacktrace:

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()

at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)

at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)

at EPiServer.SpecializedProperties.PropertyLinkCollection.FromLongString(String str)

I wrote some code that found the PageLink.ID of the page causing the crash. When searching for the ID I found a � symbol in that crash which I recall can have something to do the exception type. The page was deleted before I got the chance to copy the prop value from the DB directly.

Anyone else seen this?

Mar 28, 2013 10:24
Vote:

I think I've seen somthing similar several years ago but I don't recall much details... If I remember correctly the editor had copied text from Word and pasted in the editor. We solved it by clearing the property in the database.

Mar 28, 2013 19:50
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.