Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Default language in "Show Page Tree"

Vote:

Hi

I have a site with two languages enabled, swedish and english. Only a few of the pages are available in english so naturally i would like for swedish to be the default language when you log into edit mode as a editor.

From what i have deduced and found out the language that will be default for the page tree is the system language of the machine connecting to the episerver site.

There is a setting under "My settings" -> "Display options"-tab that you can use to change what language should be used for the UI, but this does not seem to affect the default language selected in the "show page tree" dropdown in edit mode.

I have further deduced that I can detect the currently selected language by using the followin code snippet:

HttpContext.Current.Request.Cookies["editlanguagebranch"]

but this does not really help me since i need to set it rather than just observe.

Is there some setting in config for determining the default page tree language?

Could i set it in, for instance, session start of the site? or even in application_start?

It seems like such a small thing but it is actually quite a bother being forced to constantly set the language to swedish on every login to the UI.

Thankful for help

Magnus

Jul 26, 2012 14:08
Vote:

Upon testing some settings in web.config i figured out one solution. The relevant row is

<globalization culture="en-US" uiCulture="en" requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" resourceProviderFactoryType="EPiServer.Resources.XmlResourceProviderFactory, EPiServer" />

This was my setting when i started. Switching culture to "sv-SE" did not solve the problem but switching uiCulture to "sv" did change the UI to swedish, as well as the default page tree chosen in the drop-down. This did however change the language of everything in the UI to swedish, which was not wanted. By setting the language under "My settings" -> "Display options" to english i managed to get that language back to english.

It seems the uiCulture-setting sets the language used in the ui as well as the default page tree language. Then the setting for each user switched the language back to english while not switching the default page tree back to english.

Jul 26, 2012 15:01
Vote:

If the culture is specified as sv-SV for the hostname under site information, when logging into the editor (using that hostname), the page tree should first load in that language.

This should work without having to change any of the culutre settings in web.config.

Adam

Edited, Jul 27, 2012 12:18
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.