Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Corrupt DDS? Saving PropertySettings and global settings for TinyMCE

Vote:

HI all experts!

I do get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"-error message when saving PropertySettings in EditPageTypeGlobalSettings.aspx

I have read this thread on same issue:
http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/thread.aspx?id=39719&pageIndex=1

But the "existingDef" is null in my initialization module.

StoreDefinition existingDef = StoreDefinition.Get(typeof(ProductPickerProperty).FullName);

What should i do? I don't understand what typeof i should put? can someone explaine why and how, thank you. =)

What i have done is to add a new EPiServer.Business.Commerce.Plugins.ProductPicker.SpecializedProperties.ProductPickerProperty, and i want to put a default template (ascx) to the property.

the url to Add Settings is (/CMS/Admin/EditPageTypeGlobalSettings.aspx?value=EPiServer.Business.Commerce.Plugins.ProductPicker.SpecializedProperties.ProductPickerPropertyControl,%20XXX.Externweb.Web,%20Version=0.6.0.0,%20Culture=neutral,%20PublicKeyToken=null)

I also have the same save problem in Edit global settings for TinyMCE (EPiServer.SpecializedProperties.PropertyXhtmlString), Should i use EPiServer.Editor.TinyMCE.ToolbarRow? or EPiServer.Editor.TinyMCE.TinyMCESettings? Please explaine better? if a do so, none is passing throu to "if (!existingDef.ValidateAgainstMappings(...."

And why should i do the things Johan Kronberg maid, what does it do?

Feb 21, 2012 8:19
Vote:

Not a property settings expert, but I guess the reason existingDef == null is because the DDS doesn't have a Store named typeof(ProductPickerProperty).FullName. If it is null, then you probably need to create it first with StoreDefinition.Create(....).

Feb 21, 2012 11:02
Vote:

ok, i have my days full with other stuff, i will try this.

So you have to Create new stores for new stuff always? didnt know, do you have a good article of this DDS?

What about the TinyMCE setting, any idea? ValidateAgainstMappings seems good there.

Feb 23, 2012 14:58
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.