Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How do I create new page branches in different languages

Vote:

I am just wondering is it possible to create a foreign language page in site which is different from the master language of the site?

Assuming I have activated English and Spanish for the site (English is master language).

How can I create a page branch in spanish language while my root page is in English language. Note that the new page is only required in spanish and there isn't any English version of it.

I wasn't able to achieve this, I only can create an English page, and then create other language verions of that page which is not the case now.

Thanks!

Dec 10, 2012 17:02
Vote:

I guess I found it. Apart from activating languages in the Admin mode, in Edit mode also I need to select the root page and click on the Language Settings in the toolbar and then tick other languages to make them available. Then when creating a new page, select the prefered language from the drop down on the top righ hand site.

Dec 10, 2012 17:11
Vote:

Correct!! :) As a developer there are some areas that are great to read more about in the Editorial and Administrator Manual. You can find most of the content at http://webhelp.episerver.com

Dec 10, 2012 20:09
Vote:

This is a bit hidden so we are discussing if we should add the posibility to enable the language for the start page of the site when enabling the language in the administration UI.

Dec 11, 2012 7:40
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.