Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Visitor Group - Visited Page

Vote:

Hi, I would like some help with a visitor group which I have created.

The group is based on Visited Page = Page Name [ID].

The problem is that once the browser is closed and session ended EPiServer does not "remember" information on the user, as if no cookie is set.

My question is, can this be the case? I´d realy like some insights into this from any of you experts out there.

I have tested a Visitor Group set with the Number of Visits < 1, and here I can clearly see the cookie EPi:NumberOfVisits set, and the information is remembered and works as intented, however if the criterion "Visited Page" cannot be used in a similar way, i see no use for it.

One thing else I have thought about is the use of other critiria like URL Criteria or somthing else, but I´m not sure if that would help me either.

Is there a solution any of you can think of?, or is the only workarround to build a custom cookie, set this, and make content display based on this? or can the EPiServer Visitor Group management do the trick more elegant with our custom JS coding and tweeking...

Any help is much appriciated, thanks in advance.

Nov 06, 2012 9:55
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.