Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Attaching application event causes dashboard to fail

Vote:

While trying to understand the program flow better during troubleshooting of a performance issue, I added a IHttpModule that was meant to log all application events.

However attaching to the MapRequestHandler caused the routing to break down, and now all calls to /modules/* was handled by the static file handler responding with a 404 causing among other things the dashboard to malfunction.

I can guess, but I rather just ask anyway; How can it be that attaching to an event should cause such a side effect?

Is there any other events in ASP.Net/EPiServer that I must not attach to without breaking built in functionality?

Oct 05, 2012 13:01
Vote:

What's the order of your modules?

But why not activate the log4net-logging? EPi has very good logging in place in all of their code and it catches your errors without needing to implement own logging events.

Oct 11, 2012 10:03
Vote:

It was the last module. The logging is enabled, but it doesn't log the asp.net lifecycle application events.

Oct 16, 2012 10:46
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.