Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

custom property edit in view mode

Vote:

Hi there!

I want to be able to edit page propertys by code since we dont want users to have access to the edit view in the CMS. I have so far created this button:

public void EditButtonClick(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    editMode                        = true;
    description.EditMode       = true;
    mobilePhone.EditMode    = true;
    mainPhone.EditMode      = true;
    firstName.EditMode        = true;
    lastName.EditMode         = true;
    email.EditMode               = true;

Page.DataBind();
}

were description is an episerver property etc..

so whenever a user clicks in the editbutton his or hers property fields gets editable in view mode. However I do not know how I can store these edited propertys in the database.

I want to use a save button. I have tried with everything but the propertys seems to be read only.. :/

any ideas?

than you!

Jul 19, 2011 16:47
Vote:

Hi Mathias

Have you considered using Quick Publishing for this? See Smooth Publish Using JQuery and EPiServer Quick Publishing.

Hope this helps.

Frederik

Jul 20, 2011 8:44
Vote:

thx! It sure did, not quite what I was looking for but still good :) I have succesfully established a link to the quidkedit mode from my profile. However when I remove the right to enter the CMS I need to logon as an administrator to enter the CMS (ordinary user does not hag access to the CMS)

I have added this location input to my webconfig without success:

<location path="EPiServer/CMS/edit/EditPanel">
    <system.web>
      <authorization>
        <allow roles="WebAdmins, Administrators, IteraUser"/>
        <deny users="*" />
      </authorization>
    </system.web>
  </location>

How do I give a user rights to enter the editpanel??

Jul 20, 2011 11:15
Vote:

I believe they need access to edit mode so that they can access EditPanel. See this thread for more information: http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=52327&epslanguage=en.

Frederik

Jul 20, 2011 11:20
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.