Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver CMS 6 R2 - Context Menu not working

Vote:

Hi Everyone,

I have just upgraded our website from Episerver CMS 5.1.422.256 (IIS6) to CMS 6 R2 (IIS7.5).

The site seems to be working fine and I can even log in to the CMS, access the Admin and Edit modes smoothly.

What fails is the fact that the 'Right-Click Context Menu' does not appear after logging in to the CMS. Following a little bit of research, I came across the following link :

http://shahinalborz.se/2011/05/context-menu-missing-in-episerver-cms/

Following on from the above link, I noted the following:

- I do not see the Javascript code.
- The Login ID being used is part of the WebAdmins and Administrators group and has full access to the Root within EPiServer.
- Admin -> Page Extensions section -> ContextMenu plugin is enabled.
- I have the "<form runat=server>"
- EpiserverFramework.config and Episerver.config seems to be fine.

I guessing its got to be some IIS7.5 setting as the context menu does work when I run the application from my Visual Studio solution using the VS 2010 Web Server.

Has anyone come across something like this before? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks & regards,

Noel

Jul 18, 2011 15:42
Vote:

Hi Noel

Try removing all the code in a random page template until you only have a basic HTML structure with a form element with the runat="server" attribute. See if the JavaScript codes gets added now. Also try debugging with a tool like Fiddler or another HTTP proxy and see if you get any 404 or 500 errors.

Hope this helps.

Frederik

Jul 18, 2011 21:38
Vote:

Hi Frederik,

Thanks for your response.

I found out this morning that my site was pointing to a VPP folder which had the 3 subfolders but they were empty. I must have created them manually and forgotten to copy over the contents.

The moment I copied them over, everything worked fine.

Thanks & regards,
Noel

Jul 19, 2011 13:55
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.