Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

VMware, MAC addresses and EPi Server

Vote:

Hi

I'm a new EpiServer developer looking to install EPiServer 6 on a new virtual image using VMware workstation 7.1. However, it has been drawn to my attention that EPiServer needs to know the MAC address of my developer PC for it to function. Correct?

During installation VMware created/installed two network adapters, namely VMnet1 and VMnet8. They of course have their own MAC addresses.

My question is which MAC address should I state when purchasing a development license? Can the link between license key and MAC address be changed without cost in future?

Regards

Lee Francis

May 05, 2011 14:56
Vote:

Yes you can change the MAC-address for a license without any cost.
Tha MAC-address should be the one from within the virtual machine, open a commandprompt and run ipconfig /all

May 05, 2011 15:24
Vote:

Good to know. I took a chance that the correct MAC address will be that of VMnet1 so that's what I supplied for registration. Let's hope it works. :)

May 05, 2011 15:38
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.