Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Mirroring question

Vote:

I initally only had 1 mirroring job, but I created a new one today.

I run the mirroring manually.

My issue is I can't see how I can choose which job to manually run. it seems it's all or nothing?

May 12, 2011 11:53
Vote:

That is correct that the mirroring job will execute all configured mirrroring channels. 

If you want to run just one you need to temporary disable the other in mirroring configuration.

May 12, 2011 15:45
Vote:

that would work but I don't see an option to "disable" a mirroring job.

Only option is to delete, which would be kinda annoying.

May 12, 2011 15:59
Vote:

There is a checkbox "Enabled" on the configuration page for a mirroring channel, if you unselect that checkbox that mirroring channel is disabled and will not run (regardless if the job is executed manually or scheduled) until it is enabled again.

It would be possible to write e.g. an admin plugin that let the user select which mirroring channels to run (like a checkbox list of all mirroring channels). In my blog post http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Johan-Bjornfot/Dates1/2010/2/Continuous-mirroring--CMS-6/ there are some code that shows how to programatically start a mirrroing job for a specific channel.

May 13, 2011 8:06
Vote:

Right, I totally didn't see that yesterday. Was a bit blind it seems.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look!

May 13, 2011 10:03
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.