Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Create Editor

Vote:

Hi all,

if I create an editor account in admin mode and then log in as the newly created editor, I only get the quick edit option in my right-click menu. How can I create an editor user so that the editor gets access to the full edit mode feature?

Thanks

Jun 25, 2010 11:43
Vote:

I should also mention that I am using the multiplexing membership and role providers (provider1 : sqlserver..    provider2: windows..)

I've noticed that there is a "CMSEditors" group when I search for groups in the "Set Access Rights" section in admin mode. However, when I create a user (user is created by sqlserverMembershipProvider), I am unable to select the "CMSEditors" for this new user.

Any thoughts?

Jun 25, 2010 11:58
Vote:

Create a group called WebEditors and make sure your user is a part of that group. Use that group to give access to the editmode, but I recommend creating another group to use for access rights. (meaning, that you use webeditors simply to give the user access to editmode)   You need to create a group called WebAdmins for admin mode.

Jun 28, 2010 9:43
Vote:

And you give user access to edit/admin mode through their respective <location> tags in web.config.

Jun 28, 2010 10:06
Vote:

Lars and Per, thank you both very much.

Edited, Jun 28, 2010 13:24
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.