Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Dashboard is throwing an error. It can't find the DashboardViewModel class.

Vote:

When I try to access the Dashboard on my CMS 6 install (/admin), I get a parsing error:

Could not load type 'System.Web.Mvc.ViewPage<DashboardViewModel>'.

This is in the @Page directive of this page:

/admin/Shell/Views/Dashboard/Index.aspx

MVC is installed, I know that.  So I went looking for DashboardViewModel and found it in EPiServer.Shell.UI in /bin.

I see no reason why this should fail on this.

Could not load type 'System.Web.Mvc.ViewPage<DashboardViewModel>'.
May 08, 2010 19:45
Vote:

Hi,

Check that the EPiServer.Shell.UI 6.0.318.113 assembly is registered in the GAC. If not then run the EPiServerFramework.msi again.

Paul.

May 10, 2010 11:42
Vote:

It is registered in the GAC.  There's a previous version in there too (44, which I think was RC1).

I re-ran EpiServerFramework.msi again just to be sure, but it didn't change anything.  I ran all the other MSIs as well, in Repair mode.

Still broken.  If this is something I should open a formal incident ticket for, let me know.

May 10, 2010 17:47
Vote:

Yes, please raise a ticket.

May 10, 2010 18:24
Vote:

The solution --

The "pages" element in my web.config was missing this attribute:

pageParserFilterType="System.Web.Mvc.ViewTypeParserFilter, System.Web.Mvc, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"

May 14, 2010 16:03
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.