Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Gadget installation problems

Vote:

We've attempted to install a couple of gadgets with limited success on a CMS6 site  (for example the multi gadget).  As advised in the gadget downloads we have used the deployment centre and I note the following:

1. although there is a web.config.xmlupdate file in the epimodule file the site's web.config doesn't get affected by the deployment process.  Does this indicate that, as a first problem, the EPiServer deployment centre may not be functioning correctly?  (The deployment finishes with reporting error.) 

2. With some amount of manual work I am able to get the gadgets showing in the gadget area.  Then, after adding them they generally have a consistent error which I'm pasting here from the view-source of a page with a broken gadget:

(function($) {
  epi.shell.registerInitFunction(function() {
  epi.gadget.init({
  id: "73251e62-0522-41a3-af16-f87adf9e414d",
  selector: "#gadget_73251e62-0522-41a3-af16-f87adf9e414d",
  contentUrl: '/modules/MultiGadget/Multi',
  widgetParams: {
  initMethod: 'multi.init',
  routeUrl: '/modules/MultiGadget/Multi/{action}',
  routeParameters: {"action":"Index"},
  removeText: "Delete",
  initMethodErrorText: "Client script error: Failed to execute [<strong>{0}</strong>] method with error: {1}"
  }
  });
  });
  } (epiJQuery));

Note the initMethodErrorText.  All the mal-functioning gadgets are displaying this.  I have not been able to find any reference to the error.

Perhaps a dumb question: but does ASP.NET MVC2 need to be installed?  (I have done this after the fact, but am having trouble here too - although this question is whether IT MUST be installed for gadgets to work).

Dec 07, 2010 0:23
Vote:

Hi,

You don't need MVC 2, only MVC 1.

Can you please register a support case to take this forward.

http://world.episerver.com/Support/Register-Support-Incident/ 

Thanks

Paul.

Edited, Dec 07, 2010 13:01
Vote:

Thanks Paul.  Will register support.  Just noting for other readers that the reference to MVC2 was because that is what the latest download was.  So, no MVC was installed on our system.  But after the installation the same symptoms prevailed.

Dec 07, 2010 21:13
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.