Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Enterprise licence and unique membership & role providers per site

Vote:

We have a EPiServer CMS 5 R2 solution with a enterprise licence and six different site definitions in EPiServer.config

We need to integrate different membership and role providers for each site.

The way things look right now we cannot have unique/different membership/role providers for each site without using different web.config files. 

This is not a pretty solution and we would pretty much like to keep the same IIS web base directory for all sites.

How can we fix this?

Feb 09, 2011 14:51
Vote:

Only way I can think of is rolling your own Role and Membership provider that contains logic for checking which site the request comes and then programmatically accessing the different providers (you still need to register those in the web.config file) based on that logic.

More information on Membership Providers: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/sx3h274z.aspx. Also see the book: Professional ASP.NET 2.0 Security, Membership, and Role Management.

Hope this helps.

Frederik

Feb 09, 2011 15:28
Vote:

Frederik: thank you. yes I figured as much.. I guess it is less ugly than using separate web roots.

Feb 09, 2011 15:31
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.