Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Remove language attribute in URL for default language

Vote:

Hi,

I have a site that has only one language (Swedish). The customer wants to enable multiple languages (sv + en). My problem is that when I enable globalization with English as well as Swedish, suddenly I have to add /sv/ in the beginning of my path. When I try without the language part, I get an error.

Since this site is in production, there might be people who have bookmarks etc that will break if I enable globalization.

Is there a way to map the default language to URL:s without the 'sv' part?

I have tried this:

That didn't help me.

Swedish is set as Master language in my database.

Cheers, Josef

Apr 27, 2015 11:26
Vote:

Anyone? :-)

Apr 28, 2015 23:21
Vote:

Have you tried removing the 'Web address prefix' for the 'en' language. You can find this by selecting a language on the "CMS/Admin/config/Manage Website Languages" page.

Apr 29, 2015 10:49
Vote:

I have made this for 'sv' since it's Swedish I want to be default. I have even looked in the Episerver database in the languageBranch table and verified that the URL Segment is empty.

Thanks for your answer!

Josef

Apr 29, 2015 11:05
Vote:

Not sure if this will help, but below is the site config for my development environment. I had to add the 'localhost:20001' line (our development url) for the default language without prefix to work. Our site has 6 languages and english is our default language (without prefix)

<siteHostMapping>

<siteHosts siteId="MysiteId">

<clear />

<add name="*" language="en-US" />

<add name="localhost:20001" />

</siteHosts>

</siteHostMapping>

Apr 29, 2015 11:30
Vote:

Hi. Didn't work either. But I managed to solve the problem at last:

Admin > Manage Websites > Edit website > Host name > Culture > sv (this was left blank in my configuration).

Dankjewel =)

Edited, Apr 29, 2015 16:39
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.