Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Hide\Show Block\Page properties on condition

Vote:

Hi,

I am using EPIServer 7 CMS. I have a requirement in block setup and its properties assignment in Edit mode for which I am trying to find the solution. 

Scenario :

- Created a Block Type which have 3 properties - Type, Input1, Input2

- Type is a dropdown. Values are pupulated from enum. Values are Value1 and Value2

Requirement :

- From Type when I select value "Value1" then I only need property "Input1" to be visible.

- And from Type when I select value "Value2" then I need both properties "Input1" and "Input2" to be visible.

Is this requirement feasible and if yes, then please provide suggestions on above problem as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Dec 24, 2014 6:37
Vote:

This is a kind reminder for above query.

Dec 31, 2014 14:06
Vote:

One of the fastest solution (avoiding to learn EPi edit UI internals) would to be to provide Type and Value fields. And then implement logic where based on selected value in Type field Value field is used respectively. Could be the case when this is not possible but at least - maybe can give quick workaround. If however implementing full solution keep in mind that Value1 and Value2 also should be hidden from OnPage Edit mode if those fields are exposed in template.

Jan 01, 2015 17:08
Vote:

Might be too late now, but this is a nice blogpost on dependant properties, if someone stumbles upon this thread: http://world.episerver.com/blogs/Duong-Nguyen/Dates/2014/1/Country-Region-drop-down-lists-in-All-properties-mode/

Feb 23, 2015 14:40
Vote:

@Gaurav Gupta Did you come up with a solution for this? I want to implement the exact same thing.

Oct 26, 2015 13:18
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.