Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Using ContentQueryBase

Vote:

Hi all,

This class ("ContentQueryBase") is used in PowerSlice (http://joelabrahamsson.com/powerslice/), but I can not figure out how do I plug it in my project. Explain to me please, how do I add it to the project. (I use Episerver 7 patch 2)

Many thanks

Pavel

Aug 01, 2013 18:36
Vote:

Hi, Pavel, 

In Visual Studio, open Tools -> Library package manager -> Package Manager Console and type in:

Install-Package PowerSlice

(and press enter to install :))

Aug 05, 2013 16:52
Vote:

If you don't have it there, you should go to Tools -> Extensions and updates -> Online and search for Nuget Package Manager.

Aug 05, 2013 16:57
Vote:

Hi Marija,
You do not understand the question correctly, I only need this class. I downloaded the source code PowerSlice and there it is absent.

Edited, Aug 05, 2013 19:35
Vote:

Hi, Pavel,

Shouldn't you be using ContentSliceBase? I don't see Joel mentioning ContentQueryBase. When I install the package, I do see ContentSliceBase.

In dotPeek, when I load the dll, I can only see ContentSliceBase, too.

BR,

Marija

Aug 06, 2013 11:55
Vote:

Hi Marija,

I must create a custom gadjet in the asset panel. As I understand it, this class (ContentQueryBase) allows you to plug-ins written by the Dojo, to receive data from the service. You've probably seen this class because Episerver Find installed on your computer, but I can not use it. Maybe you know how to get data from the plugin (as PoserSlise search news).

Pavel

Aug 06, 2013 22:06
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.