Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error when creating EPiServer 7 prodject using EPiServer vs Extension in Visual Studio 2012

Vote:

Hi, I'm trying to create a new EPiServer 7 prodject from Visual Studio 2012 but I get the following error message. Any idés?

"Error - The WriteObject and WriteError methods cannot be called from outside the overrides of the BeginProcessing, ProcessRecord, and EndProcessing methods, and only from that same thread. Validate that the cmdlet makes these calls correctly, or please contact Microsoft Support Services."

Additional Information:

"Started a transacted install
Copied connectionStrings.config
Copied default.htm
Copied episerver.config
Copied EPiServerLog.config
Copied FileSummary.config
Copied global.asax
Copied Web.Config
Copied AdapterMappings.browser
Copied IE6.browser
Copied Castle.Core.dll
Copied Castle.Windsor.dll
Copied EPiServer.BaseLibrary.dll
Copied EPiServer.Blog.dll
Copied EPiServer.Configuration.dll
Copied EPiServer.dll
Copied EPiServer.Enterprise.dll
Copied EPiServer.ImageLibrary.dll
Copied EPiServer.Implementation.dll
Copied EPiServer.LinkAnalyzer.dll
Copied EPiServer.Scheduler.dll
Copied EPiServer.Scheduler.WKTL.dll
Copied EPiServer.UI.dll
Copied EPiServer.Web.WebControls.dll
Copied EPiServer.WebDav.dll
Copied EPiServer.WebParts.dll
Copied EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation.dll
Copied EPiServer.XForms.dll
Copied EPiServer.XmlRpc.dll
Copied log4net.dll

An unhandled error has occured:
The path is not of a legal form.
When executing

At C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\7.0.586.1\Install\System Scripts\Instal
l Site (No Database).ps1:217 char:21
+ Set-EPiXmlAttribute <<<< -TargetFilePath $targetWebConfigPath -ElementXPath
"/configuration/epi:episerver/epi:sites/epi:site[1]/epi:siteSettings" -Attribu
teName "siteUrl" -AttributeValue $wizard.EPiSiteUrl

True
=
Get-EPiIsBulkInstalling

An unhandled error has occured:
The WriteObject and WriteError methods cannot be called from outside the overri
des of the BeginProcessing, ProcessRecord, and EndProcessing methods, and only
from that same thread. Validate that the cmdlet makes these calls correctly, or
please contact Microsoft Support Services.
When executing

At C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\7.0.586.1\Install\System Scripts\Instal
l Site (No Database).ps1:16 char:26
+ Rollback-EPiBulkInstall <<<<

At C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\7.0.586.1\Install\System Scripts\Install VS Baseline.ps1:16 char:26
+ Rollback-EPiBulkInstall <<<<
System.Management.Automation.PSInvalidOperationException: The WriteObject and WriteError methods cannot be called from outside the overrides of the BeginProcessing, ProcessRecord, and EndProcessing methods, and only from that same thread. Validate that the cmdlet makes these calls correctly, or please contact Microsoft Support Services.
at System.Management.Automation.MshCommandRuntime.ThrowIfWriteNotPermitted(Boolean needsToWriteToPipeline)
at System.Management.Automation.MshCommandRuntime.WriteHelper_ShouldWrite(ActionPreference preference, ContinueStatus lastContinueStatus)
at System.Management.Automation.MshCommandRuntime.WriteWarning(WarningRecord record)
at System.Management.Automation.MshCommandRuntime.WriteWarning(String text)
at System.Management.Automation.Cmdlet.WriteWarning(String text)
at EPiServer.Install.UI.CmdletProgressHelper.WriteWarning(String message)
at EPiServer.Install.UI.CmdletProgressHelper.Progress_Updated(Object sender, ProgressEventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
at EPiServer.Install.InstallationManager.WriteProgress(Exception ex, String message)
at EPiServer.Install.InstallationManager.RollbackBulkInstall()
at EPiServer.Install.Common.Cmdlets.RollbackBulkInstallCmdlet.ProcessRecord()
at System.Management.Automation.Cmdlet.DoProcessRecord()
at System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessor.ProcessRecord()"

Aug 20, 2013 10:24
Vote:

do you have sql express installed? also try to do the same when running vs in administrator mode?

Aug 20, 2013 13:14
Vote:

SQL EXPRESS 2012 is installed and I'm running as admin.

Aug 20, 2013 13:36
Vote:

Can you successfully run action "Install site without database" in Deployment Center using the same user?

Aug 20, 2013 13:55
Vote:

There is no problem creating a site with "Install site without database" using Deployment Center. I run booth applications as admin.

Aug 20, 2013 14:19
Vote:

another stupid question: can you install a site with databse and templates via deployment center? I would guess you have some problem with the access to the db. Enable sql browser etc in the sql configuration manager?

Aug 20, 2013 15:05
Vote:

I can booth create a site with a SQL Server database and add a SQL Server database to a site created with out database from EPiServer deployment center. Booth SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2012 ar running an I have no problem connecting to them from sites created with EPiServer deployment center.

Aug 20, 2013 15:58
Vote:

Problem solved. I was using the deffault directory in VS 2012 for the project which was a refference to My Documents/Visual Studio 2012/.../Site, changing it to C:/.../Site solved the problem.

Aug 20, 2013 16:13
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.