Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Unable to see the left navigation in CMS Edit mode

Vote:

We have setup a blank MVC website using the EPiServer Visual Studio MVC template. When we login as administrator and go to CMS -> Edit, we dont see the Root Folder structure on the left navigation. We just see blank white page.

Please help how to correct this.

Jun 13, 2013 3:25
Vote:

Please note that - I have also setup an Commerce website and tried to use the CMSRoleProvider available which talks to the Commerce database. Whenever I create users in CMS, they are being created directly in the Commerce database which is fine. Looks like the roles are not matching with the CMS ones and hence the Edit option is not visisble. Interestingly I can see the Admin section in CMS just not the Edit section where I can create new pages.

Jun 13, 2013 7:52
Vote:

Regarding your first post... Open a browser developer tool (Firebug, Chrome Dev Tools), check the network information and see if any requested JS files are 404'ing or 500'ing, or if there are any JS errors.

Are you seeing this issue (or did you see the issue) prior to installing Commerce? 

Edited, Jun 14, 2013 12:25
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.