Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Is it possible to pinpoint access rights on properties?

Vote:

Is it possible to pinpoint access rights to in-build Episerver properties (like simple adress, archive page, etc) as well the options under the Tools (Verktyg in Swedish)-dropdown for groups? 

Removing admin rights for a group disables some of the properties and options but my client wishes to have more control over which properties and options certain groups should be able to use.

May 02, 2013 13:06
Vote:

You can try out using a MetaDataExtender class, and register it in an initialization module like:

MetaDataExtenderClass

public class PageTypeMetaDataExtender : IMetadataExtender
    {
        public void ModifyMetadata(ExtendedMetadata metadata, IEnumerable<Attribute> attributes)
        {
        }
    }

And the initialization

MetadataHandlerRegistry registry = context.Locate.Advanced.GetInstance<MetadataHandlerRegistry>();
            registry.RegisterMetadataHandler(typeof(ContentData), new PageTypeMetaDataExtender());

Of course you could create an extender for each page type, or use the contentdata approach i've shown here.  Or get fancy and use attributes and read them from the type of the contentdata coming across.  Inside the modifymetadata method you can check out the properties on each page from the metadata and set their status to read only or something similar (i don't know if there's a way to set it to disabled specifcally, but you can probably hide or set to read only) on specific conditions.

Hope this helps!

May 03, 2013 6:31
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.