Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Pre-compiled Site exception after upgrade

Vote:

I am publishing a precompiled website.. And pre-compiled sites have a problem with recognizing the virtual paths.. I was using workaround in EPiServer 6R2 from there articles

http://sunali.com/2008/01/09/virtualpathprovider-in-precompiled-web-sites/

http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Vladimir-Terziyski/Dates/2010/7/Using-VirtualPathVersioningProvider-in-precompiled-website/

I made the modifications to the above workaround to match the new configration but i get a warning for attaching an event to the "EPiServer.Web.InitializationModule.FirstBeginRequest" says that it became obsolete

How can i register the providers to the environment in EPiServer 7? (if that is the cause of this exception).

I get this exception when working with the precompiled version..I am guessing it is because of the virtual paths

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: Namespace

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: Namespace

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: Namespace]
   EPiServer.Web.TemplatePathResolver.ResolvePath(Type type, String basePath, String extension) +518
   EPiServer.Web.TemplatePathResolver.ResolvePath(Type type, TemplateTypeCategories templateTypeCategory) +129
   EPiServer.DataAbstraction.RuntimeModel.RenderTemplateScanner.SetPath(TemplateModel template) +181
   EPiServer.DataAbstraction.RuntimeModel.RenderTemplateScanner.GetTemplates(Type renderType, Type genericType) +287
   EPiServer.DataAbstraction.RuntimeModel.RenderTemplateScanner.GetTemplates() +641
   EPiServer.DataAbstraction.RuntimeModel.RenderTemplateScanner.RegisterScannedRenders() +195
   EPiServer.Initialization.ModelSyncInitialization.Initialize(InitializationEngine context) +239
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.ModuleNode.Execute(Action a, String key) +64
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.InitializeModules() +751
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.Initialize(HostType hostType) +168
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.Initialize(HostType hostType) +308
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.FrameworkInitialization(HostType hostType) +75
   EPiServer.Global..ctor() +103
   ASP.global_asax..ctor() +9

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +117
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +247
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +106
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +12738733
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture) +28
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.CreateNonPublicInstance(Type type, Object[] args) +83
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +315
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +375

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +11702064
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +141
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +4870277
Apr 07, 2013 17:41
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.